sand casting on web site -ART

---------

From: MAK ~ MaryAnn Kohl (mak_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue May 27 2003 - 08:02:13 PDT

On 5/26/03 7:37 PM, Bruthrobson@aol.com at Bruthrobson@aol.com wrote:

Mary Ann,
How important is the foil for sand casting?
I did this once and didn't use foil, just plastic boxes the size of shoe
boxes.
I also understand that material backing is important to prevent cracking, is
that so?
Brenda Robson ---

The foil isn't that important...just helps lift the casting out of the box -
and keeps the box from getting soggy if you use cardboard. If you use
plastic, and it can bend some, then it's easy to get the casting out of
plastic too. You can skip the foil. I've never used a material backing, but
that's a good idea.

=======================
   mak@brightring.com
    www.brightring.com