RE: multicolor printing

---------

From: Ramos, Myriam (MRamos_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue May 27 2003 - 07:45:49 PDT

I do this with high school. iyour way sounds pretty much like mine.
Myriam

What grade did you do this with?
I have students print on paper larger than the plate, then center the plate
to register. I have a handout that takes them through each step, i.e.
measure the plate, then your paper, subtract the length of the plate from
the length of your paper, etc. The sharp kids (middle school) get it right
away while some just don't want to read each step and process it before they
go on.

Jayna

Andy, for the reduction portraits my students made with linoleum, they inked
all the way to the edge of the plate for the first color. That way they
could see where the edges of that first color were on each individual print
and the colors lined up fairly well. I can send tou an example directly to
you if you want.
Myriam

---