RE: multicolor printing

---------

From: Jayna Huffines (jayna_99_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue May 27 2003 - 07:40:45 PDT

What grade did you do this with?
I have students print on paper larger than the plate, then center the plate to register. I have a handout that takes them through each step, i.e. measure the plate, then your paper, subtract the length of the plate from the length of your paper, etc. The sharp kids (middle school) get it right away while some just don't want to read each step and process it before they go on.

Jayna

"Ramos, Myriam" <MRamos@Acss.odeDoDEA.edu> wrote:

if
anyone would like to pass along registration tips that have worked, i
could use your help. thanks.

http://www.lcusd.net/lchs/adiconti/multicolor_printmaking.htm

Andy, for the reduction portraits my students made with linoleum, they inked
all the way to the edge of the plate for the first color. That way they
could see where the edges of that first color were on each individual print
and the colors lined up fairly well. I can send tou an example directly to
you if you want.
Myriam