Re: grades

---------

From: Sharon Henneborn (heneborn_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon May 26 2003 - 20:18:48 PDT

Mostly used in each project rubric in the self evaluation column. If
I needed to focus on it in the teachers column I could write comments
or discuss as the rubric was being used for project or daily critique.

No daily grades needed for my kids - just project grade. Rubric for
each project very useful to keep track of progress and as a source of
motivation.
3 columns for each point on the rubric 1) self 2) peer) 3) teacher.

By the time the student and a peer have worked through the rubric my
turn was very easy. Their peers are often even more tough than I
would be and they are less likely to resist the peer evaluation. It
does take some training for peer evaluation but now that that is also
addressed in all their other classes it is much easier.
----------
>From: Ray Leal <rayleal@earthlink.net>
>Subject: Re: grades
>Date: Mon, May 26, 2003, 8:50 PM

> Hi Sharon,
> I agree definitely that participation has a big impact on improvement.
> Do you give a daily grade like Michal does? How have you found to
> evaluate it? I have had kids who can produce without trying very hard
> too and it really bothers me. Your students' work certainly shows that
> they are motivated and participating- does the grade help, or is it more
> that they are just really interested and involved?
> Heather

> Sharon Henneborn wrote:
>>I have referred to the effort/participation/behavior category

---