Re: slave arts other than quilts? Pottery

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon May 26 2003 - 17:07:25 PDT

I love the slave pottery - Dave the slave is really quite well known. There
are some posters available of his work.
...and yes ....baskets came immediately to mind for me, too. I have some
links for Dave the Slave and other African American folk pottery. I will
have to do some searching. I think I may have some links to African American
Quilt making, too (on my Textiles page).
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/textiles.htm

This topic interests me too, Linda....I might just do some surfing for you.
I will post to the list anything I find in case others might be
interested....You (and everyone else) post to the list, too, anything you
come across so I can "grab" it for my site. I'll be watching.

Judy