Re: grades

---------

From: Ray Leal (rayleal_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon May 26 2003 - 10:58:24 PDT

I teach middle school too. I break it down to 40% projects, 20% homework
(mainly sketchbooks), 20% classwork (notes, short assignments, etc.) and
20% written evaluations (the writing and questions they do about their
projects and after critiques.) I figure participation will show up in
those grades- If they participate regularly, their work will show it. I
never could find a way to accurately measure participation itself, and
we can't grade behavior.
Heather

Jayna Huffines wrote:

> We are not supposed to grade for behavior at my school.

---