Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: end of the year project

Date: Mon May 26 2003 - 10:35:19 PDT

In a message dated 05/26/03 1:23:51 PM Eastern Daylight Time, writes:

> I was thinking of a PTA night where parents and students come
> to the school and create a memorable piece of artwork to remind them of
> their elementary years.

I am planning on having some of my students make Memory Boxes for their years
at school. Their school is closing due to budget cuts and I wanted to do a
project around memory.
They will use a shoebox and cover it with paper (or paint it) Attach the lid
(ribbon, yarn, felt, hinges) . They fill the inside of the box with mementos,
photos, poems, things that remind them of their school and where they made new
friends. They can bring stuff from home to put in their box. They also
decorate the outside of the box. The memory boxes will be standing upright on one
short side with the lid/cover propped open. The inside of the lid will also be
maybe they can have their friend sign the box or sign some paper kind of like
an autograph page in a yearbook. I am not sure. Still thinking of ideas.
Take care,
Carolyn in MA