Re: book topic opinion

---------

From: MAK ~ MaryAnn Kohl (mak_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon May 26 2003 - 10:13:50 PDT

On 5/26/03 6:33 AM, Gldpawz@aol.com at Gldpawz@aol.com wrote: Great American
Artists with the inclusion of woman artists. I'll buy your book! Take care,
Carolyn in MA ---

Thanks, Carolyn - and everyone who is helping.

I want to be sure to cover Americans from early history until the present.
Daunting!! I can only cover 100 in the format that I do....so various
factors begin eliminating or including people, like....if they had an
interesting life kids will enjoy learning about, or if their style or
technique can be easily adapted for children, and then --- trying to get a
variety of male/female/native/black/etc. included.

*** So any suggestions are appreciated. If you have a particular art project
that has been successful with kids that goes with a particular American
artist's style, let me know. Those of you who know me, know that I give free
books out to people who contribute ideas that are used in my books, as well
as giving credit in the book. A new thing I'm trying to do is include
children's artworks, which is fun for them and helpful to the readers.
Right, Linda???

Even though I've moved on from the classroom, I am enjoying teaching through
books...once a teacher, always a teacher!!

MaryAnn

=======================
   mak@brightring.com
    www.brightring.com