Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Another artist for "Wacky People"

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon May 26 2003 - 09:15:12 PDT

Hello ArtsEdNetters,

Another artist came to mind for "Wacky People" - Grandma Layton filled the
page in an interesting way -and showed emotion - Great contour drawings -
and used crayons..... (Thanks Michal for bringing her to mind again today).
Students fill each section with a contour drawing of a person - color with

Grandma Elizabeth Layton
th_Layton (copy and paste rest of URL)

From an old post by Michal Austin:

My favorite artist is Grandma Layton, who did many many artworks in crayon -
she felt her art was therapy and refused to sell them during her lifetime.
If rumors are true, she even turned down an offer from the White House to
buy one of her works.