List of recommended artists & cultures (Elementary)

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon May 26 2003 - 07:26:09 PDT

Dear Elementary Folks,

I got several requests to post the compiled list of artists that were
recommended.
Here is the list so far. Feel free to add. My question to you, is: Would you
like to see an ideas
page on IAD with lesson ideas for each artists? maybe with an Internet link
or two? with a portrait of the artist? Think about it. I will ask again this
summer when I post the list again. Please feel free to add on to it
now and DO add what cultures you believe are important to teach at the
elementary level. This list for the most part is from Getty ArtsEdNet Talk.
Save for future reference.

Grandma Moses
Henri Rousseau
Alexander Calder (IAD has a Wire Circus lesson)
Vincent Van Gogh --2nd grade
Henri Matisse 4th grade
Geogia O'Keeffe-5th grade
Pablo Picasso -6th and 1st
Frank Lloyd Wright-7th grade
Maria Martinez--8th grade
Salvador Dali--jr high
Frederick Remington--7th grade and Western expansion artists
Eric Carle.
Paricia Polloca and other Caldecott artists--3rd grade (I definitely want to
know more later)
Michaelangelo
Rene Magritte
Andy Warhol
George Seurat
Rembrandt Van Rijn
Claude Monet
Frank Lloyd Wright
Maya Lin,
Lorenzo Homar (Puerto Rican artist)
M.C. Escher
Bridget Riley
Keith Harring,
Frida Kahlo
Wayne Theibaud
Paul Klee
Leonardo da Vinci
Edvard Munch
Chuck Close
Faith Ringgold..
Hudson River School Painters
Paul Cezanne
Mary Cassatt
Marc Chagall
Romare Bearden
Jacob Lawrence
Janet Fish
Fernando Botero

Cultures for Elementary (Please add on)
Australian Aboriginal works
Ashanti Kente Cloth
Mexico-Oaxacan Animals, Day of the Dead
China-Dragons, Shadow Puppets, Ink Painting, Fans, Chinese Screens
Japan-Daruma, Origami, Fans, Kimono Design, Zen Gardens

Judy Decker - Ohio
Jdecker@woh.rr.com
Incredible Art Department
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/