Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Picasso Collage Portraits - Lesson on IAD

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon May 26 2003 - 06:54:20 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

Cubism was a popular topic on ArtsEdNet Talk a short time ago. I decided to
put my Picasso Collage Portraits lesson on my site:

Since some have had trouble accessing my links when posted - I also linked
this from the Middle School Lesson Plan page (you can easily access it from
IAD Home - always posted in my signature).

I have done this lesson with students as young as third grade. Older
students will like Ken Schwab's lesson:
Or Bunki Kramer's:
Here is another good one:

This summer, I hope to add an ideas page for the artists that most of you
have indicated you like to teach at the elementary and middle school level.
I have seen some very nice elementary Picasso portraits on Tracy Albert's

If anyone else has a Picasso lesson online - please do point it out to me -
or the list.

Remember folks - this is the last week of the "Save ArtsEdNet"
Campaign....send your letters to my email address. Make them to Nick Brod.

Judy Decker - Ohio
Incredible Art Department