Great Elementary Art (Mike Sacco and all)

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun May 25 2003 - 08:11:25 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

I am browsing the list members sites and thought this was a good one to
point out to you today: Lin Altman's:
http://www.eanes.k12.tx.us/cce/laltman/default.HTM
Cedar Creek Elementary in Austin, Texas

Mike was seeking help on his Georgia O'Keeffe unit the other night... I
invite him to check out these oil pastels done by FIRST GRADERS! WOW!
(scroll down)
http://www.eanes.k12.tx.us/cce/laltman/KAND1.HTM

Lin has SO many good ideas on her site.... I will be selecting many to write
up on the ideas pages for IAD.
If you would like to see a complete lesson plan for any of these - do let us
know. Maybe Lin will have time to share.

Lin's site is a Great Site for June.

Tracy Albert has a very nice Peace Unit on her site:
http://www.lz95.org/mw/talbert/arthome.htm Their flags are flying in
Tasmania. Tracy's site is a Great Site for June. Tracy teaches at May
Whitney in Lake Zurich, Illinois.

Andy DiConte also has some Georgia O'Keeffe inspired work - and many other
middle school ideas - Andy's site is also a Great Site for June:
http://www.lcusd.net/lchs/adiconti/index.htm

If you haven't checked Woody Duncan's site out - it is packed full of middle
school lesson plans. His site has inspired many. Another Great Site for
June: http://www.taospaint.com/ Be sure to go exploring on the Rosedale
School site, too, for more artwork by his students. Woody is retiring this
year - but plans to leave his site online for us.

Remember to post your sites from time to time to get us looking at all the
work your students have done.

Judy Decker - Ohio
Jdecker@woh.rr.com
Incredible Art Department