Re: A Few Interesting Sites(choice-based art)

---------

Gldpawz_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Sun May 25 2003 - 06:11:58 PDT

In a message dated 05/24/03 9:11:22 PM Eastern Daylight Time, rolandc@ufl.edu
writes:

> Teaching for Artistic Behavior: Choice-Based Art Education
> http://knowledgeloom.org/tab

Thanks for the website. This particular one featured Katherine Douglas, the
art teacher I student taught with in East Bridgewater, MA.(12 years ago).
Her art program has changed a lot since I was there and is totally
choice-based now. I do have different art centers in my art rooms but I do teach
"traditionally.' Students may work in an art center of their choice upon completion
of their lesson for the day.
Is there anyone else who uses centers in their art program?
Is there anyone that teaches a choice-based program similar to the ones on
the website?

To read about how a choice-based art program works in a public elementary
school go here:
http://knowledgeloom.org/practice_basedoc.jsp?t=1&bpid=1360&storyid=1214&
messageid=1703&forumid=1338&aspect=2&location=2&parentid=1357&bpinterid=1357&
spotlightid=1357&testflag=yes
Take care,
Carolyn in MA

---