Re: Only an art teacher could get excited about corrugated boxes :)

---------

From: kcaraway (kcaraway_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat May 24 2003 - 22:21:21 PDT

  <<Only in crazy art teacher land do people understand !!!!>>

  And my students are starting to get the illness too. I broke a stem glass I kept for still lifes, and upside down we decided it could hold a little sculpture, with some kind of clay finial added to the broken stem place. I thought they would say toss it, but they were coming up with ideas for it too. Maybe the illness is contagious.

  I dropped an insulated glass and it fell apart and got a hole in the bottom. I kept it for a week or so, tried and tried to throw it away but couldn't. Then I remembered a book with a gorgeous sculpture of people floating in a circular movement, cut out of an old plastic doll's leg. So now my cup is going to be a sculpture-- two, actually, since there is an inside and an outside layer. Or maybe wide, sculpted bracelets?

  Karla

---