Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Woody's Ceramic Portraits -Online

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat May 24 2003 - 20:38:15 PDT

Dear ArtsEdNetters,

Woody sent me some VERY nice 8th grade ceramic relief sculpture portraits -
including some in progress work. I added them to my ceramic relief lesson
(which is very similar to what Woody did):
It is linked from the Middle School Lesson Plan page (about half way down):

I hope to add a lot more of your student art to Incredible Art Department -
Keep sending me images. Over the summer I will be making "ideas" pages (for
various media- artists - cultures). Woody's relief sculpture will be added
to the Ceramic ideas page (with a link to the lesson plan). I think Woody's
lesson is definitely adaptable to high school. I don't need complete lesson
plans for images you submit - just a little blurb about how you did it is
enough. I am looking forward to seeing Janet's third grade ceramic
portraits - Those will go on the "About Me" page, too (Self portraits are a
popular theme). For those who want to check in a couple of weeks, here is
Janet's web site:

Judy Decker - Ohio
Incredible Art Department