Re: Amount of time between classes

---------

From: Maggie Tucker (arttucker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat May 24 2003 - 08:05:20 PDT

>Last year when we went to block scheduling the time between classes was
>changed from 5 minutes to 4 minutes to accomodate the longer classes.

Next year we have no minutes! Our principals refuse to put it in, cause
then the reality of what looks like 50 minute classes would become 40
minutes. Plus, I found out yesterday that I'll have sixth and seventh
graders for 4 1/2 week sessions (25--27 per class) and after being told all
spring that eighth graders would be 25 per class, 5 1/2 week session, it's
suddenly 32 at 9 weeks. Principal's scheduling screw-up. I'm looking for
another job.
Maggie Tucker

arttucker@earthlink.net

---