Retirement in a Few Days

---------

From: Woody Duncan (wduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri May 23 2003 - 19:09:15 PDT

I suggest that everyone should retire when they are on
the top of their game. Look for new opportunities out there.
I've been counting down for three years. Now I can see the light
just ahead. There isn't enough time to get the room right for
the incoming teacher but there never was enough time. I've got
a great replacement coming in which makes it easier. She's been
at the school about once a week getting to know where things are
and learn the staff and students. Just seven days left to get the
room ready for summer.

We had a hugh turn out for our Fine Arts Festival Thursday night.
There were 400 pieces of art on display, Band, Orchestra, choir concerts
and lots of classrooms through out the school with multi-cultural
exhibits.
We took most of the art down today and will send it home Tuesday.
The last of four retirement parties is over now. It's great to leave
when
folks are saying good things about you. I'm being recognized by the
board of
education as employee of the month next week which is icing on the cake.
Now perhaps that art consultant job will happen too.

Frani just put the triplets to bed. We have them till Sunday to give their
Mom and Dad a needed rest. They won't let me into the school tomorrow
so I'll just play with the Triplets. Life is going to get even better in the
years ahead. I just wish everyone out there a fantastic summer and a
wonderful future. I'll still be checking my e-mail and trying to put my
two cents in but, with a renewed perspective. I pack on the 5th, and leave
for Taos on the 6th. Please remember to visit your friends and hug your
kids and the next day will be brighter. As I plan to tell the school board
next week, Thank You, Goodbye and the last 27 years sure have been a
lot more fun than working for a living.

                                                        Woody in KC

--
28 Quality Middle School Art Lessons