Two Excellent Middle School Lessons - on IAD

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu May 22 2003 - 14:45:44 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

Larry Prescott has been busy writing up his lesson plans and is sharing them
with you. Here is a great one for you to try now - as your supplies are
dwindling. You can use any sorts of media in this non-objective lesson -
that begins with stamp printing lines using cardboard scraps.

Constructivism - Line and shape:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/larry-mixed.htm

This lesson on weaving two Rousseau style works together is quite stunning.
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/larry-rousseau.htm
Haitian landscapes might also be used.

These lessons are for middle school - but I see no reason why you couldn't
adapt them to high school - or simplify for elementary. They are linked from
the Middle School Lesson Plan page.

Judy Decker - Ohio
Jdecker@woh.rr.com
Incredible Art Department