Room clean/inventory

---------

From: Aust ArtClasses (austart_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu May 22 2003 - 08:02:46 PDT

I actually make it part of my final exam (have them for two
hours).. I call it actually an inventory exam. The students
have to identify items as drawing, painting, sculpture, general
tools, adhesives, types of paper, etc. I have done this for
about 18 years and it works great. The only preparation the
first is dividing your categories and numbering your cabinets.
Cleaning is part of categories. Sorting by kind of brushes is
part of categories. Then I print out a large number for each
cabinet, drawer, shelf, etc. The students come in and draw
fromt he box a number and I match it with the cabinet, that is
their assignment. This year I am going to do it in great detail
again. It works for me, it is 50% of exam, other 50 percent is
presentation of last two studio projects. I have my room clean,
inventory done, and I know where everything is next year.

Jackie Brewer (Aust)
Director of Visual Art (K-12)
Bryan Texas
austart@bryanisd.org