RE: custodians and character ed

---------

From: Aaron Hopkins (hopkiaar_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu May 22 2003 - 06:59:58 PDT

I agree!

>>> occti@mindspring.com 05/22/03 09:47AM >>>
Linda, this is excellent! I applaud your actions - taking the extra
time and energy to get to know Margeurita and then to "make her real"
your students. If more people could do this in their daily walk of
life, we would have so many less problems. It is a problem with our
"generalizing" in life that we often forget that people are people,
not
just janitors, maids, administrators, parents, students, each with
their
own lives, problems, dreams, aspirations.

Indirectly, what you are doing will affect my world positively and I
thank you for doing it. This is certainly something else we should
all
be teaching in and out of school.

Lawrence A. Parker
Philosopher and Educational Consultant