RE: kilns

---------

From: Fields, Linda (fieldsl_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu May 22 2003 - 06:49:16 PDT

Be safe-hire an electrician. Linda

-----Original Message-----
From: Jean Womack [mailto:jeaneger@jeaneger.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 21, 2003 9:01 PM
To: ArtsEdNet Talk
Subject: kilns

I bought an old Cress kiln from someone in a nearby city. It has a plug
that does not fit the 220 socket in my basement, that powers the dryer. The
directions say that it is 230 wiring, but can be used with a 220 line, if a
licensed electrician changes the receptacle. My husband said that the plug
could be changed, but the directions say that it can only be replaced with
a plug having amperage and volatage capacity equal to that shown on a table
in the book (230). I am worried that the electricity in my house may not be
grounded. Also, it is a very old house that still uses screw-in fuses. The
people we bought it from had a receptacle that fit the plug in their
basement, but she only used it five times, she said. Does anyone have
experience or advice for me? Thanks.

Jean Womack

---
Delivered by GCSnet (b30)