weaving

---------

From: FRANCIS REDFERN (nredfern_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu May 22 2003 - 04:49:09 PDT

I tried this project this semester with my middle schoolers. We used
boxes - coke cases, saltine cracker boxes, pop tart boxes (takes 2 of
these)Cereal boxes are too skinny and tip too easily . First we painted
the boxes, one half one color and the other half another color. Then the
boxes were cut in half separating the two colors. Once half was cut into
vertical strips, leaving the bottom intact. The other half of the box
was cut into horizontal strips. Then the horizontal strips were placed
down onto the vertical strips in a weaving pattern. They turned out
cute. I'm still refining the plans. I'll send some pictures to IAD.

Nora

---