Re: bulletin boards

---------

From: Becky Thornton (artswim_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed May 21 2003 - 22:21:35 PDT

One of our custodians, not mine, but his mom, is a really good artist. She
paints on wood slices and makes clocks and paints on canvas and has painted
entire rooms in her home. I had her to be a guest. She brought her art,
which I had already seen. She talked to the kids about how important it
was to practice and work hard. She was great! Lots of th ekids who didn't
identify with famous artists could really identify with her. An added bonus
is that she sells her clocks around town and they could see that she is a
custodian, but makes a lot of money for extras though her art. She also
talked about how it made her happy to make art. It was really a good
lesson. She brought photos of the rooms in her home that are
painted,...murals and floors! showwer curtains...everything!
It really was great!
Becky Thornton