Re: Semester Finals in Art Class?

---------

From: Debbie Chojnacky (dschojnacky_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed May 21 2003 - 20:45:30 PDT

Dear Ken,
Thank you for the information.
Debbie Chojnacky
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Bicyclken@aol.com
  To: ArtsEdNet Talk
  Sent: Tuesday, May 20, 2003 8:32 PM
  Subject: Re: Semester Finals in Art Class?

  In Art 1 I give a written final with T/F and fill in. 60 questions. For Art 2,3,4, I give activity finals and they like them.

  Art 2 does a picture in which I cut it into small squares and number them on the back. I give each student the small square (1") and they have to enlarge it to (4"). They draw with pencil and will palace it on a big paper with numbers on it so they can see the picture.

  Art 3 uses phrases in music to tell the musicians how to play musical passages. They pick a word like Crescendo and will use craypas or colored pencils to create a nonobjective picture that visually describes this word.

  Art 4 Makes a monoprint on the desks. They look like those rorshak sp? tests and after three they stop. Pick one and make something out of the blobs. Nonobjective or representational it doesn't matter.

  Al these tests are for 80 min.

  Ken Schwab
  Art teacher, Leigh high school, San Jose, CA
  website: Leigh Art ---
leave-artsednet-20359V@lists.getty.edu

---