Re: Weaving

---------

From: Deb Hyland (hyland5_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed May 21 2003 - 20:26:11 PDT

Yup, yup, yup - I'd highly recommend Sharon's drawstring bag weaving
project as an end of the year, (or anytime!) project. My 4th graders
are finishing up the bags now, and are SO PROUD of them! One of the
boys told me that he's already made 10 more at home, and has given them
as gifts! And he's on his 3rd one at school, when everyone else is
finishing their first one, so he quite likely HAS made that many! I,
too, make my own looms for weaving - I use matboard scraps that I get
from the Frame Shop downtown for free.

Thanks for the great lesson, Sharon!

There's a good weaving book out there, too, that I have at school, but
can't remember the name right now. It has a drawstring bag project too,
but does it by bending the loom after warping it. I think Sharon's way
is much simpler. But the book has lots of other great ideas, if you
really want to get into weaving.

Deb
hyland5@galenalink.com

---