Re: How do the kids know Art is over?

---------

From: Deb Hyland (hyland5_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed May 21 2003 - 20:11:37 PDT

 I also have a different table for each day so that the main areas of
the class and supplies get cleaned. All kids are in charge of their
supplies and tables but the sink, supply table etc. will get cleaned by
the assigned table (Tuesday is table 3's turn).

Debbie:

Do your "assigned table" people stay after class to do the cleaning, or
do they do it while others are putting away their own supplies? Or do
the non-assigned kids clean up first and then sit while assigned table
does sink, etc.? This is always a dilemma for me - with one sink in a
corner of my room, EVERYONE wants to get to it to wash hands, get a rag
to wipe their table, etc., and it can be a real bottleneck. Right now,
I have them wipe their own tables, but just dump brushes, etc. into a
bucket in the sink, then I wash them at the end of the day. But, I'm
getting SICK of doing this EVERY day, and somedays there's SO much!
 Plus, I really want the kids to be responsible for their own clean-up.
 So, that's why I'm wondering about the specifics.

Thanks!

Deb
hyland5@galenalink.com

---