RE: A "Materials" Challenge- long post

---------

From: Sears, Ellen (ESears_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed May 21 2003 - 17:24:35 PDT

This is great - I have seen the same idea in quilters and beading magazines
-

Everyone starts with the same basic materials and can add a small amount of
their own -

When I gave my middle schoolers a sculpture challenge - they each got a
turned piece of wood (from a 'treasure chest of wood'), a flat piece, a
piece of screen, wire, 5 nails.... then access to a tub of extras and tools
(saws, drills, pliers)

When we came back together, it was interesting to see what each had done -
and that in turn inspired furture work for all -

Ellen

What a list - I have too much of #5!!!!!

---