RE: last day of school and getting the room clean

---------

From: PROPST, JAN (THSJMP01_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed May 21 2003 - 17:17:05 PDT

Our seniors get out of school two weeks early, so I use their cleaning
power, along with the juniors and sophomores, before they leave. We have
a block schedule and Mondays are "speed days", where everyone meets for
a short session. This week's Monday was the room maintenence day. I
typed out a list of jobs and the # of people it took to do it- about 75
in total. Each person fills out a slip with their name, class period and
job description- the deal being that if everyone takes on a small area
and cleans/organizes, it will all be cleaned by the end of the day, I
check the area when they're finished and give them an "A" or "F"
(everyone gets an "A") and indeed, by the end of the day, Voila! the art
room is CLEAN. This has worked for me every year. My students actually
get into it because I justify the cleaning by saying that anyone can
devote 20 minutes to a small chore- its no big deal.
Hey- it really works!

Good luck everyone!

---