RE: last day of school

---------

From: Kimberly Herbert (kherbert_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed May 21 2003 - 16:57:37 PDT

When we were finishing our science fair inventions, the kids said
something like this to me. I informed them that the custodians' job was
to maintain the school, not pick up after little spoiled brats. They
could either clean our room to my specification or they could complete
the project at home, and spend the class time under the supervision of
Mrs. (Aid they do not like) cleaning up the school. Those students who
made the correct choice would continue to get each afternoon, my junk,
and my help to complete the project. You have never seen a group of 5th
graders jump to so fast. The next day they ask the day time custodian
for a broom and dust bin to make clean up easier.

kimberly

Life is not easy for any of us. But what of that? We must have
perseverance and above all confidence in ourselves. We must believe that
we are gifted for somthieng and that this thing must be attained. -
Marie Curie