Re: Egyptian art Elementary

---------

Gldpawz_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Wed May 21 2003 - 16:04:30 PDT

In a message dated 05/21/03 5:48:11 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
Renee.Berg@k12.sd.us writes:

> The older kids are working on one project for the whole week, the little
> ones could do 2 or 3 projects.

I love teaching about Egyptian art. the kids are always so interested in it
too!
These are some projects I have done~

-Life-size mummies. Trace bodies on butcher paper. Paint or color with oil
pastels. I have some pictures if you want to see them.

-Egyptian jewelry. Cut shapes out of thin cardboard. (I used cereal boxes).
Cover with gold foil. Decorate with colored permanent markers and add acrylic
gemstones. I have pictures of these also.

-Canopic jars. This may not be what you are looking for because it is
papier-mache and you only have 20 minutes but it is a cool project. I use
plastic containers for the structure but I know someone on the list has done
them using babyfood jars.

have fun and HTH!

Take care,
Carolyn in MA