RE: bulletin boards

---------

Renee.Berg_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Wed May 21 2003 - 13:29:27 PDT

What a bummer, I've had to work with some bad custodial staff in the past. When I student taught 18 years ago, my master teacher told me the most important relationship an art teacher can have is with the custodial staff. I never thought much of it until I had a lazy, uncooperative, one that was SUPPOSED to clean my room. She is long gone, but now the 3 custodians that I work with now are friends. Us art teachers buy them donuts, give them notes of appreciation, make goodies for them and just try to make their job a little easier. Guess what, now they go out of their way to help us out too. One even built us all or papermaking screens for free. School is out. AMEN
Renee

Renee Berg
6th,7th Art and 8th grade Art Tech
Mitchell Public Schools