One more reason for YOU to save ArtsEdNet Talk

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed May 21 2003 - 12:23:39 PDT

Groan...My mailbox is now flooded with SPAM after joining the other list
serves on
Yahoo groups.....that never happened when I was just ArtsEdNet Talk.....
http://www.getty.edu/artsednet/Talk/index.html

At the bottom of the messages they have stuff like:

"You received this email because you signed up at one of GroupRX websites or
you signed up with a party that has contracted with GroupRX. To Opt Out,
click here."

Rest assured - I never signed up...I get prescription drug Spam -
real-estate Spam - insurance Spam - and yes, stuff for educators - and so
on.....

But you too will get lots more Spam if you have to sign up to a
Yahoo group to say in touch.....You will also find that you have won
millions of dollars -- over and over again from different groups and
countries...all Spam/scams. Sure - you can just close out that email account
and
open another -- then they get access to that one, too. Folks on Yahoo groups
may say - "no, that is not true" - Well, I have no other explanation for the
great influx of Spam and virus email into my mailbox.

Not only will you be flooded with Spam -- but you will have numerous virus
emails daily. My Road Runner filters mine - but some of you may not be so
fortunate.

I am not posting subscribe information -- but will forward.

Remember to "Save ArtsEdNet Talk" - send email to me before the end of the
month.
Thank you to all who have taken the time to respond so far. We all
appreciate you.

Judy Decker - Ohio
Jdecker@woh.rr.com
Incredible Art Department