Re: How do the kids know art is over?

---------

From: James Andrews (andrewsj_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed May 21 2003 - 08:14:06 PDT

Holy crap! LOL!! Exactly what about the bell constitutes cause for
termination??!!?? I have to say, listening to a lot of what is said here
really makes me appreciate my admin. staff. Seriously though, any time an
administrator says something like that to you it needs to be documented. The
administrator needs to be very clear regarding what it is about your actions
that constitutes cause. If she isn't clear, insist that she is. If she
refuses to explain herself further, make an appointment with her and your
union rep. Given her position, for her to even mention the threat of
possible termination without backing it up in a professional manner
constitutes a form of harrassment. Don't these morons have anything better
to do than micro-manage your classrooms?
-James

James C. Andrews
Art Teacher
Kingston Junior High School
9000 NE West Kingston Road
Kingston, WA 98346
desk# (360) 297-9276

It is not the oath that makes us believe the man, but the man
the oath. - Aeschylus (525-456 BC) --Ancient Greek soldier,
playwright