Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: WEAVING! anyone got a great way to teach pattern or shapes weaving to elementary

From: Christine Besack (mrsbeeswax_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed May 21 2003 - 05:11:23 PDT

  My students really like to do weaving, I want to do patterns (not just
stripes) or perhaps pictoral (trees, animals)
Any good sources to refer to.
 Am I thinking too complex for them, any suggestions would be appreciated ,
On the cheap : We make small weaving looms from oaktag and xerox
 I have a grid that they paste on and use to cut the "teeth" to the correct
depth on each end.

Christine Besack :)