Re: clean up time/closure,,, art show vent !

---------

From: Christine Besack (mrsbeeswax_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed May 21 2003 - 04:07:21 PDT

I give them a verbal five minute warning, then a verbal two minute warning
(like football).
Once I tell the first few to line up , the others rush to get in line.
I do need to work on the closure part also... in 40 minutes, it's sometimes
a wonder we get done what we do.

I set up my art show yesterday, I always feel that I am pressured to cram in
as many works as possible.
When I started 10 years ago, the limit was 50 pieces per school. which is 10
per grade level.
Well I learned quickly that the other teachers exceed that one by far.
I now do 100 pieces + per school and am still feeling the pressure to do
I still feel that a lesser amount can be viewed more comfortably, but the
peer pressure is killing me.
I really feel that makes for a less special honor if almost everyone gets in
!!!!
thanks for listening,
 Did I mention the fact that the roof is leaking in the high school "old
gym" for the second year in a row over my part of the display !!!
Perhaps next year I will do water sculptures ( ha ha )
Christine Besack :)