Re: How do the kids know art is over?

---------

From: Justin Kramer (justyn_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue May 20 2003 - 23:17:23 PDT

on 20/5/03 9:20 AM, Nnaell@aol.com at Nnaell@aol.com wrote:

I try to maximise the class time on prac and leave clean up to the last 5 -
8 minutes. At this time I usually become a drill sargent directing students
- even more so with the junior levels. If this gets done with time to spare
then the last minutes are spent with revision questions and spelling. If I
approach the clean up and conclusion with less ordering and directions I
find that students then engage in childish and distructive behaviour like
painting one another, throwing things, etc - I am sure you understand. It
appears that clean up sometimes is reformulated in their brains as muck up.