Re: ideas for the last week of school? (high school)

---------

From: Judie (judiej50_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue May 20 2003 - 23:00:46 PDT

For the last couple of years, this has worked for me at the end of each
semester. It takes a little of the pressure off and they seem pretty
engaged since they choose what they want to work on.

Indepedent Study--students choose what they want to work on. They have to
complete a Statement of Intent which basically describes their idea, why
they chose it, supplies they will need, how they plan to complete it, and
four thumbnail sketches. In addition they have to write a one page
research paper with visuals, that provides in some background information
and some other artists who may have worked in this style/medium, etc.
Then, of course, the project. The Independent Study counts as 4 grades.

We began the altered book project a couple of weeks ago, so anyone who
finishes early has to work in their altered book--which is also one of the
final project grades.

Can't handle students not being productive, so I'd rather keep them working
right up to the last day instead of a "final" written exam.

Judie

>Does anyone have a good ideas for projects for the last week of school. My
>dept. chair said it would be a good week for videos. I thought it might be
>more fun to play some kind of art game or have a group activity of some
>sort, or else do some simple drawing projects. Does anyone have ideas to
>add?
>Frances
>

>---

---