How do the kids know art is over?

---------

From: Ellen Silverman (mcguffsilver_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue May 20 2003 - 15:38:36 PDT

Response to what Jill said.

What do you all say to the kids when art is over? Today my principal
walked to observe me and she didn't like me saying "CLEAN UP TIME!!"
She thought I rushed the kids too much. She suggested clapping three
times. (huh?) What do you say when it's time to clean up and scram?
Thanks everyone!!!!
Jill (BT) ---

I say "CLEAN UP TIME!!", it sounds like your principal has more
experience as an adminstrator that as a teacher. What she suggested
might work with homeroom teachers that have the kids most of the day,
but I think she is asking to much for a special area teacher that has
them once a week. That is if your schedule is like mine.
Ellen Silverman
NJ k-8 school

---