Re: ideas for the last week of school? (high school)

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue May 20 2003 - 15:20:20 PDT

If it's feasible for you to take them outside give them some ink and have
them draw with items found in nature. Pictionary is fun. I do admit to
showing a video - Christopher Hart's Drawing Cartoons video (or something
along those lines). I have the kids draw along and they end up with 10+
drawings in about 40 minutes. They enjoy doing these alot, and I think they
respect the fact that I don't just plunk a video in the machine to babysit
them, since almost all their other teachers do this. I draw along with them,
and hit the pause button when Chris goes a little fast. :-)
~*~Michal~*~
K-12 Kansas Art Teacher
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids

> Does anyone have a good ideas for projects for the last week of school.
My
> dept. chair said it would be a good week for videos. I thought it might
be
> more fun to play some kind of art game or have a group activity of some
> sort, or else do some simple drawing projects. Does anyone have ideas to
> add?
> Frances

---