Re: Lesson Plans using recycled materials

---------

From: dawn stien (dawnstien_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon May 19 2003 - 21:50:26 PDT

I visited a middle school recently that had some
awesome work on display. They had painted on
newspaper - some students were able to incorporate the
content of the paper into their paintings nicely.
Actually, I think these may have been portraits of
some sort. The ones I remember were definitely
figurative. There was one that was on the sports page
and another that had to do with music.

I'm not sure what kind of paint they used. Maybe
someone on the list has done something similar?

Another teacher had done tempera paintings on black
construction paper - it had a much less chalky,
powdery effect and actually looked quite nice.

Dawn