Re: How do the kids know art is over?

---------

From: dawn stien (dawnstien_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon May 19 2003 - 20:44:02 PDT

I agree with James here - I've been jerked around
about twenty ways this year. If I hadn't already
taught for 6 years, I would have thought I was a
horrible teacher.

I was even informed that one of my lessons wasn't
student centered and then when I asked for
clarification and described the activity that had been
observed, the administrator said it doesn't get more
student centered than that.

I was told also told to find a word like Salami to get
their attention - thought about using zen because it
was so arbitrary. Never could spit it out, just kept
reinforcing the expections of what should happen when
I asked for their attention. Imagine going to a
workshop or seminar as an adult and waiting for the
magic word salami to know it's time to shut up!

Hang in there - Dawn

Don't worry about what to say to your