Re: How do the kids know art is over?

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon May 19 2003 - 20:21:54 PDT

I tell students "You have 5 minutes before it's time to clean-up". Then I say "2 more minutes until time for clean-up. Please stop working when you get to a good stopping place". This gives students advance notice that time is almost up and they are better prepared for it. I then make a big deal over who has followed all directions. This is easy to tell since they are to stand quietly behind their chair when they are all cleaned up (this way I know their chairs are pushed in as well).
~*~Michal~*~
K-12 Kansas Art Teacher
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids

  What do you all say to the kids when art is over? Today my principal walked to observe me and she didn't like me saying "CLEAN UP TIME!!" She thought I rushed the kids too much. She suggested clapping three times. (huh?) What do you say when it's time to clean up and scram? Thanks everyone!!!!
  Jill (BT) ---

---