Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: Hyper-tufa pots

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon May 19 2003 - 15:40:43 PDT

Hyper-tufa is my favorite summertime sculpture technique. There are several recipes and it seems everyone has their favorite.

I use equal parts portland cement, sphagnum peat moss, and Sand, vermiculite or perlite. I've included some links from my favorite Garden Junk site. :-) The neat thing about this medium is that it is a great for outdoor artwork. It is deceptively light. I don't know if I would do it with students because of the cement - should I continue this practice or allow students to do this with some precautions? - 4 albums worth of this person's personal 'tufa' and other interesting pictures. - ideas - how-to guide and an idea. - another how-to with photos - a neat site - magazine article and photos - couple of neat pictures of 'tufa'. - pictures of Hypertufa pots. - ideas and some 'tufa' - written info about concrete and options - another moss recipie.

Enjoy! And let me know if you have any questions. :-)

  Hyper-tufa pots? tell all - recipes, how-tos, etc! Sounds cool!