Re: How do the kids know art is over?

---------

From: Susan Holland (Susan_Holland_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon May 19 2003 - 16:53:20 PDT

yeah, I start with a 2 to 5 minute warning that class is almost over. Then I
say "That's it! Clean up! Come on- I mean everybody. You can finish it next
time! Come on, come on. Hey- so and so- you're going to lose your table
points if you keep on working. How are we going to get our "art star" if ya'll
are still working and not cleaning?? Okay- there are two tables ready- three,
come on four. Show me that you're ready- your heads are down and quiet and
your table has 4 pencils and an eraser, and you can get your star." etc, etc.
No hand clapping, no cute little chime, no clean up song. Just me repeating
clean up.

susan_holland@teachnet.edb.utexas.edu

---