Re: How do the kids know art is over?

---------

From: artappeal (artappeal_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon May 19 2003 - 16:49:01 PDT

About ten minutes before the end, I announce that we only have about 5
minutes left to work. A few minutes later, I announce all they have to do
before leaving (though there are certain things that are the same every week
that I try not to repeat). Five minutes before the end I ask them to start
getting things organized. When there are about 2 minutes left, I start
counting to ten, the students know this means that everything has to be
organized and they have to be quiet when I reach ten. I use the last minute
(or three if I need to, I can cut into my five min. between time) to check
table containers and ask a few closure questions. My principals are always
impressed when I start counting and the kids start hustling. Oh, I use one
of those annoying bells that you tap to get their attention if I need to
have everyone stop, look, and listen.

Leah