Re:Storybook Art, answer question

---------

From: MAK ~ MaryAnn Kohl (mak_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon May 19 2003 - 15:39:27 PDT

On 5/19/03 2:55 PM, jane mary at mjart49@hotmail.com wrote: I can't wait to
buy your new book! Did you say it will be in Barnes & Nobles in June? MJ

I don't want to use the list for "sales", so if you have other sales
questions, please contact me privately. mak@brightring.com

To answer your question, though....It will indeed be in stores in June-
though it can take awhile for some of the stores to get their stock in. ! I
also will have it on my website available to sell which is a pretty good
price. I think it's 20% off with Amazon. Also, another good site is
http://www.booksense.com, which supports independent bookstores, and that's
important.

Keep in mind that I've found a few inky dinky little errors in
it...incorrect dates of death of two people (eek!!!!)...but other than that,
it's rarin' to go and in fine form!

Thanks,
MaryAnn

PS Remember I was working with kids last Friday, and dressed up like Matisse
in his sickbed, talking in French (some) and talking about Matisse's art
using his quotes. Well, I wanted to report that the kids loved it! They
learned so much...it surprised me. One thing Matisse said is that when he
looks at a blank piece of paper, it is like a hunk of stone. He wants to
carve into the stone and "free the....." (dancer, flower, leaf). The kids
were working (grades k-6), and most of them were saying things like, "Look!
I freed the dancer from the paper!" or "I freed wild shapes from the paper!"
It was totally and amazingly cool, which is why I do all this in the first
place. Once a teacher, ALWAYS A TEACHER!!!! Just can't shake it.

=======================
   mak@brightring.com
    www.brightring.com

MaryAnn Kohl