Spring in Tunisia - new photos

---------

From: Melissa Enderle (melissaenderle_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon May 19 2003 - 14:38:10 PDT

Dear all,
As some of you may have read from my previous emails, the spring in Tunisia
has been incredible. Because of the higher than average amounts of rain this
winter, Tunisia was blessed with the most incredible array of wildflowers.
Although the photos don't do the spectacular scenes justice, I posted them
anyway on the below website for you to enjoy. In addition, the web page
includes photos in Korba including a camel and farmer plowing a field, the
Punic Tophet (site in Carthage where family markers of sacrificed young boys
are), some of the Roman ruins in Carthage in bloom, and Thuburbo Majus (a
Roman/Punic site 60 km south of Tunis).
http://homepage.mac.com/melissaenderle/PhotoAlbum9.html

The school has now begun construction to accommodate the doubling of our
school population, from 225 students to over 450 for next year. A large
portion of these new families will be from the African Development Bank,
relocated from conflict-torn Abidjan in the Ivory Coast. Preparations and
discussions about the big change has occupied a big chunk of the school's
energies and thoughts - something that will probably only become more
pronounced next year! Today I submitted an order for a 25-iBook mobile lab,
an X-Serve, and a dual processor G4 to be used as a server. More purchases
to accommodate the needs of all the extra students and faculty will
hopefully be finalized this week as well.

Regards,
Melissa

--
                   |          Melissa Enderle         |