RE: Lesson Plans using recycled materials

---------

From: LeAnn Escoffre (lescoffre_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon May 19 2003 - 14:11:30 PDT

I was planing to do a quick lesson that has to do with this topic. I did
something like this in college in my middle school art ed class. Our teacher
gave us a plastic bag filled with odd things: a plastic egg carton, 2
popsicle sticks, a paper towel roll etc. and we had to create somthing out
of the items. We didn't have to use all the materials if we didn't want to
and I think we could add other materials that we had laying around. There
was a handout that went with the lesson (who knows where that went). The
project turned out pretty good. We also had to name our invention and give a
blurb about what it did. Kinda like a sales pitch of sorts. I am planning to
do a group project like this with my kids next week. I want it to be
successful so am kinda not sure if the group way is best. Hope this helps
and if anyone has suggestions for similar please tell..
LeAnn