Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

RE: help Colette

From: Hillmer, Jan (hillmjan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon May 19 2003 - 09:24:37 PDT

Often the parents don't care or don't have the energy to care.
 Ruby Payne's book, A Framework for Understanding Poverty, was extremely helpful for me when I taught in an urban school. It explains some of the whys and wherefores that don't seem to make sense on the surface.
Doesn't make lack of $ for art ok, but it does help to understand why the homes are the way they are. <> &product=all&keyword=a+framework+for+understanding+poverty
This might also help.
Hidden Rules (