Re: An "Art Shower" for Colette - reply if interested

---------

From: Betty Bowen (bbowen_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon May 19 2003 - 07:58:08 PDT

I'd send Colette something too.

Dinners and such are fine for raising funds for special events like school
trips, etc, but our communities and government entities need to realize this is
not an acceptable long-term solution to make up for the shortfalls. It makes me
crazy that the same people who oppose a one cent sales tax to adequately fund
education are perfectly happy to spend money as long as they "get something for
it" like a bowl of beans or a craft item.

---